Saturday, November 26, 2016

Meds, moods and foul weather

Update:  Well I was wrong about Latuda; it's an anti-psychotic, not a mood stabiliser.  So when I went into hospital in June to do the swap, it was Saphris that was removed, not Epilim.  Since then I've done another meds swap; this time at home for an anti-depressant called Edronax, which supposed to put you off smoking.  The Lexapro was substituted this time.

I had one superb week on my new anti depressant; then a nosedive.  So the latest telephone instruction from my PDoc is to double the second anti-d (Brintellix) and if no improvement then an extra half tablet of the Edronax.  No major side-effects from the Edronax other than a bit of disrupted sleep and lowered appetite.  I've lost 2 kilos!

Have to be wary of mania as always.  Nothing like a good dose of anti-d to send me rocketing.

The weather hasn't helped my mood; Spring in Melbourne was more like a mild winter, save for a couple of hot days.  The average temperature has been 17 degrees Celsius, often feeling colder due to wind chill.  We also had a colder than average Autumn, so it feels like we haven't had warm weather since March.  Too long ago!!!!  Surely December and the advent of summer will see some sunny days?


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, is there any email address that I can contact you on? I have a few important questions regarding a situation in which I'm placed at the moment. If not, no worries. ps. Your writing skills are fantastic and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through sections of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ok with that; my email is kayblah@gmail.com. Thanks for the compliments; it's nice to know someone is still reading :)

      Delete